23 Mar 2013

Why patience is a virtue

It pays to be patience well after I submitted my work to March tag of 2013 I've the noticed the colours of the tags were washed out and not bright compared to other tags. Once again technology has let me down if it's not a tablet it's the camera on the smart phone. You always take pictures using a digital camera in best light as possible. So I tried again this morning its still raining.
This is what the tags suppose to look like and colours are brighter and details are more clearer.
'Light' version I used one of floral imagery from Paper stash- Lost and Found as background and sanded it as suggested on Tim's tag. From the same collection I used rabbit card and distress the edges with Walnut Stain. It may not be clear but flourish masks were used for reversing masking along with Peeled paint, further colours were added Faded Jeans and Ripe Pesimmons.
Great thing about Idea-ology Paper stash is they have reversible distressed colours on the back each sheet. There wasn't anything suitable in coloured papers in my stash so I used a scrap from leftover projects, stamped border motif from Stamper Anonymous- Mini Ornates glued this on thin cardboard (Don't have grungeboard as yet) using glue and seal medium (this comes with handy brush).
I discovered an iron is useful in speeding up the drying time of the glue. Next I cut out circular shape, I don't have any Sizziz dies or even die cutting machine because feel there is no use for one all my cutting is my hand. Used to it because of other papercraft as in assembing paper models.
Stamped writing on several scrap of distressed paper scraps carefully drew floral motifs based on mini floret masks and used Shabby Shutters stickles, once this dried I cut the shapes out and fix them on tag using small brads, Dogwood flowers and beads were added too (From Beadery). Finally added stamped letters (Rubberstampede alphabet set), Stampendous peel offs and die cut motifs.
This tag is second attempt and more carefully planned I used the one below as guide.
I call this 'Dark' version as in more earthly tones were used. The tag was coloured using no wrinkle distressing technique with various colours- Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olives and Forest Moss. I used Idea-ology Mini Florets masks and rubbed Walnut Stain, stamped various motif from Stamper Anonymous- Mini Ornates, Stampingbella- Bubble wrap in Peeled Paint and Ripe Persimmons. An image of rabbit (Animal Illustration by Dover publications) was added and made a small frame and flower using stamps using the same way as explained from above. The edges were darkened with Walnut Stain and added labels using Dovecraft mini alphabets with some accents using Distress Stickles.
It's too late to replace the photos with the new one I took, I'm tired in fact hadn't slept well for a week now. Sometimes there's too many ideas flowing inside my head or other people are annoying me with excess noise or being general nuisance. Hope to make a few changes to both blogs when I'm back ideally should be update the blog first and then flickr photostream. May this a lesson to take pictures of work in best light conditions as possible.


0 comments:

Post a Comment