20 Jun 2013

Second entry for Visible Image June challenge

Second card for June challenge  'Visible Image has character' is
Clara, she is first card I made and took me 6 hours to complete the card. I was working on card sketch layout. She and Edgar were embossed on 250gsm cardstock and coloured in Distress stains.
For her I chose Seedless Preserve, Aged Mahogany, Walnut Stain, Scattered Straw and Brushed Corduroy. The skin tones are a mixture of Spun Sugar and Scattered Straw as glazes, I tried to remove the stain from her face and area become napped up hence importance of having clean hands.
I always used precoloured embellishments as it saves time. I believe the lace is in Chipped Sapphire and Pine Needles. The background is light mix of Aged Mahogany and Tarnish Gold with middle section stamped in old free rubber stamp of Craftstamper before they gave away clear.
There's more paper flowers here accented in Stickles Shabby shutters and Weathered wood. I used Tim Holtz's method of adding acrylic paint to foliage Idea-ology to give worn feel. The reason I added a clock well it originally piece of grungeboard and thought using clock face would better because influence by Doctor Who. Current Doctor played by Matt Smith, he's assistant is Clara Osward otherwise known as 'impossible girl'. Besides there's lot of Steampunk influences in Doctor Who and can't wait for next one.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning. The time it took to make this was well and truly worth it. Your colouring is gorgeous and I love those flowers. Thanks for joining us at the Visible Image Challenge, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete
  2. another awesome card, Clara looks ace and i love your embelishments ......again good luck in our challenge at Visible Image :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love Clara and the clock embellishment. Thank you for joining in the Visible Image Challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete